Despite having 21 years to prepare a father of the bride speech for my daughter wedding last week – it’s hard as a father to keep reminding yourself that “your little girl” isn’t that little anymore – she has grown up into a beautiful women.
There are many great privileges a father gets to have with his daughter. Things like
- Blowing bubblegum bubbles
- A high five that stings
- Learning to whistle
- First bike ride
- Rollercoaster introduction
- Using power tools
- Fits of laughter and moments of tears
- Learning to drive
- Being Daddy Uber
- What is the “Dad joke”
- Changing a tyre and checking the oil
- Showing how to follow Jesus
- Daddy Daughter hugs
- Going on Daddy dates
- And so much more
But one of the greatest privilege a father has – is walking his daughter down the aisle and “giving her away”. Sad but very special.
Got me thinking about our Father in heaven.
- How He eagerly wants to be with us.
- How He loves to do the everyday life with us.
- How He gently allows us to grow in our faith.
- How He comforts us and walks with us.
- How He releases us into our potential.
- How He champions and believes in us.
1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God.
He is the ultimate Father in whom we have all trust.
Article by Mark & Cindy, Vision Christian Media